Monday, July 21, 2014

Brothers are the salt of life.

Hello Lovelies!

We all have people in our lives that make living just a little bit sweeter, funnier and exciting. For me, one of those people is my little brother.


This is my brother Jonathan. He is 10 years old, turning eleven in a few days. He is truly one of the most generous, sweet, loud, crazy, dramatic people I know and I love him to bits. He is almost always one of the first people I see in the morning as he runs towards me asking for a good morning hug. He sits at the end of my bed as I play guitar and write. He, in true 10 year old boy fashion, cringes and hides his eyes every time someone on-screen kisses. And sometimes, he says the strangest things. So today, with his permission, I'm going to share some of my favourite "Jonathan quotes".

1) We were all sitting at the table, discussing science when Dad turns to us and asks, "If there was no air, would you still be alive?" Jonathan replies quickly and confidently, "Of course Daddy. Grampa has no hair and he's still alive."

2) Rebecca, exasperated with Jonathan, turns to him and says, "Jonathan! Stop being so flamboyant!" Jonathan responds, "I am not flammable!"

3) Jonathan comes down one morning with a frown on his face. He comes to me and says seriously, "Sarah, I have a problem." The big sister in me is getting concerned and I brace myself for something bad. Hesitantly, I ask what his problem is. He replies, "I can't figure out whether I want to have the ability to fly or the ability to turn invisible."

4) One afternoon, when we were all scrambling to get ready for going out, Jonathan comes into the kitchen and says happily, "I love the exotic mess of our family."

5) This is Jonathan's version of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (bonus points for me; I know how to spell it!)
"So when the cat has got your tongue there's no need for dismay
Just summon up this word and then you've got a lot to say
But better use it carefully or it could change your life
I said it to my cow and now it calls me wife!"


6) A conversation between Rebecca and Jonathan whilst playing minecraft.

"Rebecca: Look out! It's an angry mob!
Jonathan looks out the window: Where?!
Rebecca: No, not mom, MOB!
Jonathan sounding relieved: Oh.
Rebecca: Jonathan, angry mobs are worse, they have pitchforks.
Jonathan: Yeah but angry moms have math books!"

7) "Word of advice: never sharpen your claws on a water bed."

8) "Mummy, you smell like love and hugs."

9) "Hey! I can feel my heart beeping!"

10) Conversation while Jonathan's doing math
Jonathan: I hate multiplication but I LOVE friction!
Sarah: Friction?
Mom: I think he means fractions.


I love him to bits, despite the fact I occasionally want to strangle him. Do you guys have younger siblings? Do they ever say things that make you laugh or question their sanity?
Ta ta!

Quote of the Day

There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother. ~Terri Guillemets


No comments:

Post a Comment