Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Makeover!

Hello Lovelies!

So you may have noticed the different background and profile picture. 

That's because it's practically summer (11 days, 16 hours and 27 minutes as I write this)!!!! Yay!!!

I thought the old set of photos looked a bit wintery and blue-y and that didn't match the lovely weather outside. The picture of me is actually from two summers ago because it's the only one I had of me in summer without my face showing. I figured I could blur my face out but then I'd look like one of the people from The Idiot's Lantern. And as much as I love Doctor Who, I don't really aspire to have a face without a face. That didn't make sense... a head without a face. That's what I meant.

And I'm redecorating my room too! I've printed off a whole bunch of pictures of my friends, family and I and am going to put them up on my wall. I haven't decided whether I'm going to do a big collage type thing...



or a "Story Of My Life" inspired clothes line, picture hanging... thing.



I painted my room back in the winter a blue-y, green-y colour, which I really like, but because I'm a broke high school student, I didn't have money to decorate. 
I also want to get some fairy lights/cool paper lantern style lights on a string. I have no idea where to look though. Any ideas? The closest I'm coming is christmas lights, and those had a huge, green string. 

These also look really cool.

I'm trying to find some DIY sites or blogs cause I think DIY stuff is cool and I'd like to not go completely broke. Any recommendations?

It isn't even funny how much I'm looking forward to summer. I can't wait to do all of the things I wanted to do during the school year but didn't have time to. I guess you could say I'm looking forward to my life undergoing a summer makeover too. I think I've taken A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy out of the library about four times and only gotten half way through it before I had to return it. And I bought a whole bunch of books I'd never read before at a book sale and haven't read those either. 

Oh and I can't wait to write more songs! I think I've only written like three this past semester, which is really sad. My notebook pages are waiting....

And I've decided that instead of trying to get a tan this summer, I'm going to try and win the award of the whitest person on the beach. Tans never work well with me. I go red, then white, then red, then white. I'm very patriotic. 

Can we just skip to the end of June 23rd now please?

Quote of the Day
(This is quite possibly my favourite quote of all time)

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” - William W. Purkey 

2 comments:

  1. The story of my life thing looks like a pretty cool idea. And oooh, you write songs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like that look. :) the only thing is, I have like 50 pictures and I'm not sure I have enough wall space. :p
      Yep! Been writing songs for nine years! :D

      Delete