Monday, March 2, 2015

Concerts, The Microphone and A Camera: A Life Update

Hello Lovelies!

What is this post, you may ask? Well, realistically, none of you are asking this, but I'm going to tell you anyways. This is a compilement of a whole bunch of little life things that weren't big enough to make a post on their own so I've decided to stick them all in one! Apologies in advance, this will most likely be very random.

So first off, guess who's going to see 5sos in the summer when they come to Canada?!


Meeeeee!!! :D My cousin and I decided that we loved them opening for One Direction so much that we had to go see them again with they come! And this time we're bringing my little brother Jonathan, which might get interesting. I mean, if you're a 5sos fan, you know how they can get on stage sometimes.... ahem. Anyways! That'll be uber fun and I'm definitely looking forward to it!

And then, Ed Sheeran is coming to London, Ontario in June!


So my mum and I are hoping to snag tickets to that one when they go on sale later this week. I've been wanting to see him live for two years now and I missed him when he came last September.

So second on my life updating-ness, I've started recording! Some of you may have read in an earlier that I'm recording my own EP and that started this past week. I've got a selection of six songs that I'm doing and they're a mix of happy, upbeat stuff and deeper... stuff. Anyways, I'm really happy with them all and I can't wait for them to be finished! I have to admit, I didn't expect recording to be quite as exhausting as it was. I came home after four hours and just slept. I can't entirely decide on a name. I'm thinking I'll go with either "Nostalgic Maps", or something like "Page One", kinda to indicate that it's just the beginning.

Lastly, we're doing this really cool thing in my photography course and recently we had to shoot pictures for our personality walls, which is our culminating assignment that we work on through the semester. I was really happy with how the pictures turned out, so I thought I'd share them!

First, we had to do a self portrait in a creative way that
kind of showed who we were, so I've included a camera,
an old fashioned stereo, a travel trunk and a bookcase. I
have to admit, I was really happy with the way it turned
out.

The first category was something we use everyday. I use my
phone pretty much every day, but not for texting or social
media. I love listening to music and my phone is playing
it pretty much nonstop. 

The second category was something from the past and
this is the journal I kept when I was about twelve. I've
kept one since I was seven and I love going back and
reading them. 

Then was family. I took a picture of Jonathan, although it
was hard to choose one because he has so many
different facial expressions and they're all genuine
parts of him. 

Something blue. I don't exactly get why this was a category.
I was half expecting them to continue and say, "something
old, something new, something borrowed".

This was hands down my favourite picture. The category
was something we love to do so I took out a drawerful
of my old notebooks and scattered them on the floor under
my guitar. It's to represent the music and writing.
I may make this one the new background of my blog...

This category was something we love to wear. I love
these boots and they go with pretty much everything
I own.

Something around the house.

Something I value.This is another of my favourite photos
from this set. My family went out to Nova Scotia a few summers
 ago and while exploring the little town we were staying
 in, we found a jewelry shop. My sisters and I all bought a little
 bag of charms and then divided them up amongst ourselves.
We all ended up with one of these keys and I wear it on
 a necklace regularly. 


Something smaller than an inch. I still have all my pennies,
even though I can't use them anymore. This one
has my birth year on it.

Song of the Day
I completely forgot about these, oops. Anyways, today's song of the day is this one.


I love this song and it reminds me of 'Old School' by Hedley. And it's a Canadian band, which makes them ten times cooler. ;) Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment