Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day Dreams

Hello Lovelies!

Happy October! I'm so happy it's fall. The trees are turning colours and it's rainy lots and I'm getting out my sweaters and scarves. *Happy Sigh*.

Today, as I'm doing my homework, my mind can't help drifting off to pleasanter places (5 points for alliteration).  I just can't help it! Especially now that it's autumn and it's currently rainy and I can hear the sound of the rain hitting the window.

I think one day, I'd like to live in a row house. But not an ugly row house. A pretty one. Maybe like this one.

Or this one. I love the colours.


And I'd have a cat. I don't know why I'd have a cat, but it seems to fit. I'd drink lots of tea and wear my hair up in messy buns and wear lots of large sweaters. I'd have an old fashioned type writer and in the evenings, my friends and I would walk into the city to the little coffee shop that we loved and talk about literature or music or something wonderful. And there would be a little record shop around the corner from my little row house. Because of course, I'd have a record player.


Maybe there would be a guy with brown eyes who always worked there when I came in on Wednesday afternoons. And we might have the same taste in music and one day he'd give a recommendation and I'd invite him to our join coffee shop group and we'd become great friends. Great friends with endless possibilities of where we might end up.

Maybe it'd be New York. Maybe it'd be a little town in England. Maybe it'd be as close as Toronto.

On the other hand, I'd love to live in a cute little country house. Somewhere in Britain. Maybe Wales. I've heard Wales is nice and my ancestors are from there. Ooh, or Ireland.

A little house like this one.
Or this one.


During the days, I might work at the bakery that was a few minutes into town. Or as a part time journalist of the newspaper. Or a photographer. On my days off, I'd spend the days reading in all the little, cute corners my house would have, writing, visiting friends or walking the few acres that I would have as my backyard. I'd wear long skirts some days when I wanted to feel like Elizabeth Bennet, but other days, I'd just opt for leggings and a comfy shirt. 

During the nights, I'd take my acoustic guitar and my song book and head to the small cafe or pub in town. The warm lights from the inside shining out on the streets. And I'd go in and play a set to a group of familiar and unfamiliar faces, maybe make a bit of money off the tips, maybe not. I wouldn't care. I'd just be happy to be playing my music and having a good time. 



I'd have a group of friends there too. A group of friends that people would look at and wonder how we all managed to get along. We'd all be so different and we'd have our little squabbles and fights but we would all really love each other.

Maybe there'd be a guy, maybe there wouldn't. Either way, I'd be happy because it would be because I wanted it that way.

There are so many options! So many possibilities. Sometimes it's dreadfully overwhelming, other times I love thinking it through, imagining how it might turn out. What's the opposite of nostalgic? That's what I am right now.

Song of the Day

Lately, I've been listening to a bunch of Ed Sheeran. Well, more than usual I should say. Did anyone see his iTunes Festival performance?! Insane, just, there are no words. I mean, his Bloodstream performance?! Mind boggling. Anyways, I've been enjoying listening to this song as I drift off into la la land. It's so soothing and pretty and I love the voice his voice matches this song. It's probably my favourite version of "The Parting Glass".

4 comments:

  1. Happy october to you too!:)
    You seem to have beautiful future plans! <3
    This is a great post, thank you for introducing that lovely song to us.. I love Ed Sheeran!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they'd really count as plans. I wish they were that set in stone, but as my mum always says, "The only predictable thing about life is its unpredictability."
      Ed Sheeran is an incredible artist. Definitely one of my all time favourites. :))

      Delete
  2. Happy October Sarah! Fall (Autumn for us in the UK) is my favourite season!!! I love wearing thick sweaters and boots and my bobble hat, and drinking hot chocolate, and walking through Autumnal rain showers!

    Your plans sound AMAZING! The coffee shop/record shop/tea-drinking etc. life sounds incredible! That sounds exactly like the kind of thing I'd love to do.

    But also, Wales is really nice (but I'm a bit biased, since it's my home country!). Especially the small towns and villages - in the countryside, with quaint little taverns and bridges over rivers and things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I personally love the sound of the word 'Autumn'. I wish we used it more here. Autumn just seems to fit the season so well. I love, love, love thick sweaters and sweatshirts. And rain showers are glorious.
      Half of me is dying for adventure and to get out there and live an insane, wonderful, busy life and the other just wants a life like that; quiet, happy, warm.
      I've never been further than Florida, but I definitely want to visit Wales at some point in time. The small villages and countryside remind me of Lord of the Rings. :)

      Delete