Wow, that started off much creepier than intended...
Anyways! I will admit that I was fairly stumped for what to do for the letter 'i'. I mean, there's not many topics to write about that begin with 'i'. Ice cream doesn't sound really nice because I am currently freezing and sitting in a giant, over-sized sweatshirt. I could have written about idiots but I'm not really in a critical, pissed off mood. Iguanas are just something I don't have a lot of knowledge about.
But I finally came up with a topic. I'm going to write about my ignorance.
We all look at society sometimes and go, "Wait, what?" Things just don't make sense to us. We have no knowledge or information about why certain things are the way they are. So I'm going to talk about some things that just don't make sense to me in today's modern culture. Maybe you can explain them to me? Cause I'm totally lost on these things.
1) The hierarchy of music. Since when were different types of music considered more valuable than others? I'm preeeettttyy sure the reason we listen to music is for our own enjoyment, correct? By definition, music is "vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion." And if I find one type of music beautiful, and you find other music beautiful, who are we to criticize each other's music? I mean, some music may require more skill than others, or it may be more complex, but does that make it more valuable? I don't think so.
2) The whole flirting thing. Just to be perfectly frank, I don't get it. I mean, I will literally just talk to a guy and someone will come up and say, "Ohhh, you were flirting with him." Or vice versa.
I don't get it!! Can someone please tell me what the heck I am doing or what the heck they're doing? Cause I don't understand what on earth you are referring to.
3) Why we can't be okay with people having different opinions than us. Just look at a youtube video. Or a tumblr post. Or any social media. You will immediately understand what I am referring to.
4) Why it's 'uncool' to enjoy our family. I actually really like spending time with my family. Sure my younger siblings get annoying sometimes, sure my parents get in my face about stuff, but I genuinely like them. Why are we weird if we're friends with the people we spend most of our lives with?
5) Why anxiety and depression have become cool. I mean, the whole, "Stressed, depressed but well dressed" is just pure idiocy. Trust me, it's not fun to be stressed or depressed. Just don't, don't do this.
6) Our obsessions with celebrities. You are going crazy over someone you don't know, probably will never meet and everybody's okay with this? I get appreciating someone with talent or good looks or even being a fan. But stalking their every move and going to extreme levels to have anything to do with them. For example,
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 1
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 2
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 3
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 4
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 5
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 6
HARRY STYLES ILY SOOOO MUCH PLS FOLLOW ME??? <333333 7
Anyways, you get my drift.
If anyone would like to shed some light on any of theses topics, that would be much appreciated. Or maybe you have your own, "wait, what?" things. Lemme know!!
Until next time!
Song of the Day
I have my younger sister to thank for introducing me to this song. It's called "Shatter Me" and it's by Lindsey Stirling featuring Lzzy Hale. It's a super intense song that's a mix of modern beats and ballet and violin. It also has an awesome music video so give it a looksy!