Monday, April 21, 2014

Book Boyfriends Tag

Hello Earthlings!

My apologizes for not posting friday, I was away at a conference from thursday morning to saturday night and couldn't get to computer. I hope you've all been having a lovely Easter! Unfortunately, I've been sick (again) with a cold/cough and sound like a robotic frog.

Today is the next post of the Alphabet Challenge! Woop! Woop! And today's letter is 'B'. Over on the lovely Andrea's blog, Sempiternal Reader, she did a Book Boyfriend Tag and I thought, "Great idea! I can do that tag for my challenge." So today's topic is going to be my top five Book Boyfriends in no particular order.


1. Minho (The Maze Runner)



Minho is from James Dashner's book series "The Maze Runner" and he is just... gahh. He's one of the runners in the Glade so he's quite brave. He's super sarcastic, which I find to be a particularly attractive trait in fictional characters. Although he has a bit of a rough exterior, he has friends that he cares about who he will occasionally show his emotions to. I can't wait for the movie to come out in September. I really, really, really hope that they portray him well.

1. “Minho looked at Thomas, a serious expression on his face. "If I don't see you on the other side," he said in a sappy voice, "remember that I love you.” 

2. “Shouldn't someone give a pep talk or something?" Minho asked, pulling Thomas's attention away from Alby.

"Go ahead" Newt replied.

Minho nodded and faced the crowd. "Be careful," he said dryly.
"Don't die.”

"Great. We're all bloody inspired." Newt said.” 


2. Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables)



I love Gilbert. :) He's really very cute and loyal. I love the way that he didn't give up on Anne, even after she snubbed him time and time again. He can be a bit cheeky at times and he's definitely the boy next door type of guy. He has dreams for his future and he'll stop at nothing to get them. He's very kind and helpful. Basically the perfect guy. I guess I'd get bored of him in real life but he's wonderful in the book.

"He was a tall boy, with curly brown hair, roguish hazel eyes, and a mouth twisted into a teasing smile."

3. Gale Hawthorne (The Hunger Games)
*Minor Book Spoilers



This guy is probably my favourite right now. He's even more "gahh" than Minho in my humblest opinion. He's really brave and he's a natural leader. I mean, when he rescues those people when District 12 is being bombed?? Or when he takes the whipping in the square? Even the end of the third book did nothing to stop the love I have for this character. He is Katniss's faithful friend through and through. He's like ALWAYS there for her, always. He loves her so much and he encourages her throughout her time. He really is her support system. He's loyal and helpful to everyone around him. He helps in leading the rebellion and he isn't afraid to stand up for what it right. I was quite pissed when Katniss ended up marrying Peeta. Peeta was a wimp. 

"Okay, listen to me, you're stronger than they are. You are." (Gale to Katniss)

4. Four (Divergent)
*Minor Book Spoilers.



Kay, when I say Four, I really mean just Four. Not Tobias. I didn't like Tobias at all. Four on the other hand is strong. He's been through a lot and knows that life is hard. He knows that he must work hard to survive. He has a protective side that comes out around Tris. He fights hard for justice and is just really cool. I love the way Tris and Four's relationship develops in the first book but I don't like the second one. Four also isn't afraid to speak his mind, which is something I love in fictional characters.

I still haven't seen the movie!! :(

1. “Okay. Then...I can talk. Ask me something."
"Okay." He laughs shakily in my ear. "Why is your heart racing Tris?"
I cringe and say, "Well, I...I barely know you. I barely know you and I'm crammed up against you in a box, Four, what do you think?"...
"Maybe you were cut out for Candor," he says, "because you're a terrible liar.” 


2. “We've all started to put down the virtues of the other factions in the process of bolstering our own. I don't want to do that. I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest." He clears his throat. "I continually struggle with kindness.” 

5. Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice)

This guy's a classic. He's a true gentleman, but has a bit of a brooding, mysterious side to him. I love his banter with Elizabeth and the way they communicate. He really loves his sister and his friend Mr. Bingley and will do anything to protect them. Even if he doesn't show it very often, he does care about the people around him.

I'm tagging everyone who's reading this to do this tag! :D
Also, if you're liking the Alphabet Challenge, you should head over to Aliology, cause she's doing it too!
Hope you enjoyed this post, I hope to see you all wednesday! :D

Song of the Day
I thought this would be appropriate. :)


1 comment:

  1. I felt a bit nostalgic for a second there due to some lines from previous books I've read. Minho, oh Minho. Hahaha :D I can say the same for Gale and Four <3 I had a great time reading this and your blog is amazeballs. :) Thanks for doing the tag! :D

    ReplyDelete